Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reflection of Observation


            1: 5 Hours (300 minutes)
            2.
·         I taught a lesson
·         Observed the teacher
·         Assisted teacher
·         Walked around room and helped students as needed
·         Helped students review
            3. Standard 4: The teacher implements and manages instruction.  Observation hours can give you a wonderful model of how to teach.  I really appreciated the time that I got to spend with the teacher I observed.  However, the real help came from teaching the lesson.  This lesson helped me to better learn how to set up a lesson, how to implement the material, and how to manage the class.  I really enjoyed getting to actually teach a lesson with a teacher there for support and help.  I think that it will definitely help me to become a great teacher someday.
4.  Observing students for a number of hours has taught me the importance of reading in learning.  If a student cannot read then they have lost a vital tool in the educational progress.  As a young child, my parents always pushed me to read.  This helped my reading comprehension to be fairly adept throughout my life.  In my opinion, Math and Reading are required to succeed at any job in the future.  These subjects, along with all others, should be incorporated into cross-curriculum lessons.  I intend on incorporating some Reading, English, History, Biology, and Math into my future Chemistry lessons to teach students the importance of subjects they may not find interesting or useful.  Observation experiences are important because it helps to teach a variety of lessons to a future teacher that will help both them, and their future students succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment